Saturday, June 13, 2009

Famous Noel and Liam Gallagher Quotes

Over the years, the Gallagher brothers have made some rather infamous quotes:

LIAM GALLAGHER:"I love it when girls fancy me, I'm madferit. But I get a little worried when the boys start fancying me. I don't have anything against gays as long as they don't touch my bum."

NOEL GALLAGHER:"It is hard to be modest at times like these, so I won't even try-you're all shite!"

LIAM GALLAGHER:"We are bigger than Jesus, we will be as big as the Beatles, if not bigger."

NOEL GALLAGHER:"I wish the pair of them would catch aids and die." [Noel speaking of Damon & Alex of Britpop rival band "Blur". Noel did apologize for saying this, but says that he doesn't think people will ever forgive him for it.]

LIAM GALLAGHER:"Being a lad is what I'm all about. I can tell you who isn't a lad, anyone from Blur."

NOEL GALLAGHER:"It's a good thing we don't live in the u.s. where guns are more accessable,because I'd have blown his head off by now. The problem is I can't fire him because me ma would kill me." [Speaking of Liam]

LIAM GALLAGHER:"Everyone knows that if you've got a brother, you're going to fight."

NOEL GALLAGHER:"Has beens shouldn't be presenting f***ing awards to gonna-be's. I'm extremely rich & you're not." [Noel's acceptance speech after INXS' Michael Hutchence presented him the award for Best Album at the 1996 Brit Awards.]

LIAM GALLAGHER:"Anyone who thinks they're hard enough to take us off the stage can come up now." [Liam at the Brit Awards]

NOEL GALLAGHER:"Liam's young, he's on a complete trip & he's all...mouth at the moment.-And that winds me up. He's a genius frontman, he was born to this and that's something I can't be. But he also wishes he was me, always has. His fans come up to him after shows & I hear him giving all this gob-shite, and I think, 'Shut-up you twat, I babysat for you!'"

NOEL GALLAGHER:"If you don't want to be as big as The Beatles than it's just a hobby."

NOEL GALLAGHER"From what I've heard from Paul McCartney, he likes about a half dozen of my songs. I met him twice, on the Come Together album& then I went round his house in St.John's Woods one night. He likes SLIDE AWAY, WHATEVER, & LIVE FOREVER. If I'd been Knocked over by a taxi that night, I'd have died the happiest man."

NOEL GALLAGHER:[When asked how oasis compare to most other British bands, such as Elastica, Supergrass, & Blur] "Those other bands are not even in a position to string my guitar at the moment."

LIAM GALLAGHER:"Don't have a piss in the stands because I'll be standing there next week."[Liam's announcement to the crowd at their Maine Road concert. Maine Road is where Liam's favorite soccer team, Man City, play & he was going to be in the stands the following week to watch a game.]

NOEL GALLAGHER:"You Americans, you like taking your shoes off & throwing them at people who are playing music for you. -Now I've been to s me concerts in my life, some that were really bad, some that were really good, & some that were average, but I've never once bent down & untied me shoe & thrown it at the stage...it's wierd."

LIAM GALLAGHER:"When I can do the job it's good, you know what I mean. I'm happy. When I can't do the job I'm not happy. -Like when I can only do 4 songs and come off with a shoe coming out me ear."

NOEL GALLAGHER: "Now we drink pepsi." [oasis were sued by the Coca-Cola company who charged that their song 'SHAKERMAKER' was too much like 'I'D LIKE TO TEACH THE WORLD TO SING..."]

NOEL GALLAGHER:"oasis aren't role models, we're honest. This is what we do, & this is what we get up to. We're not criminals, devils, or anti-christs, we're people."

LIAM GALLAGHER "If you want a circus go to the circus. I can't jump about when I'm trying to sing songs. It works for Mick Jagger, but it's not for us."

LIAM GALLAGHER: "I can see "Our Dob" from here.

NOEL GALLAGHER: "He's the size of the place." [Liam & Noel speaking of their older & overweight brother, Paul "Dob" Gallagher.]

BONEHEAD: [after being asked how touring has affected family life.] "It's made us bloody rich."

NOEL GALLAGHER: [After being asked if his obsession with The Beatles could go too far.] "It's beyond an obsession. It's an ideal for living. I don't even know how to justify it to myself. With every song I write I compare it to The Beatles. I've gotten semi-close once or twice. LIVE FOREVER I suppose, DON'T LOOK BACK IN ANGER, WHATEVER. The thing is, they only got there before me. If I'd been born at the same time as John Lennon, I'd have been up there. Well, I'd definitely have been better than Gerry & The F***ing Pacemakers, I know that."

NOEL GALLAGHER: "I hate rock-stars that whine about the price of fame..let me just tell you that being famous is great. I love it, man! When you get stopped walking down the street for an autograph that's the best feeling in the world."

NOEL GALLAGHER: "You want to be me & Liam for an afternoon? You'd slit your throat."



"If you write about social issues,you're gonna get asked about them.Fortunately for us,we were writing about drinking and shagging birds and taking drugs." -NOEL

"F**k me I've joined The Troggs!"(ALAN after witnessing a row between the two Gallaghers)

"Our manager Marcus said to me,' Who the f*** do they think they are? ' and I was going, ' No,more to the point,who the f*** do they think we are? ' " -(NOEL on Blur)

"They won't be singing Shite House in ten years time,but they'll sure as hell remember Don't Look Back In Anger or Champagne Supernova,or Live Forever" -NOEL

"I'm the quiet,shy,retiring type.The rest of the band are hooligans.Liam & Bonehead are f***ing thugs" -NOEL


" I'd like to know which rock-star doesn't take drugs! And we all know that even members of the parliament take cocaine and heroin. " NOEL

( NOEL on Liam when Liam got married ): "He called me about 9:30 and said:' I have just got married. Are you surprised? I said: 'No, I'm not surprised about you getting married, I'm just shocked you're up so early! '"

( Noel Gallagher to medias when they told that Patsy is something like "YOKO PATSY ONO"): That's pure crap! Patsy could never make an influence on our band. Cause if she could, she would have to control Liam first, and that's definitely impossible thing. The two of them are just... how can I put this...- fascinated with their sex!! On the other hand, that would mean that Oasis completely depends on Liam, and that's one of the most stupid things I've ever heard...

NOEL : " I meet these kids in the street and they're shaking, but I'm saying: ' I'm honored to meet you ' I am an old romantic. It makes me cry. It's beyond special. "

NOEL : "I always knew that it was going to be. And lo and behold, the chancer that I am , it f*c*i*g happened. "

NOEL : "If I were to take John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, Ray Davies, Steve Mariott, anybody's first two albums against my first two albums, I'm there, I'm with The Beatles."

LIAM (on Noel) : "His songs? They're what gets me out of bed in the morning. He's top. A fantastic songwriter. He's the devil, isn't he, man?"

6 comments:

  1. really good quotes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so perfect because Noel is my favorite singer although he doesn't sing he's my idol, I've attend to all his concerts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I identify with the first quote because it's really annoying with a man fancy us, I can almost feel what Noel felt in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We are bigger than Jesus, we will be as big as the Beatles, if not bigger."

    What an idiot. Trying to copy Lennon whilst being no more than a national band. One that will never ever be anywhere near as big as bands such as Led Zeppelin, the Beatles and Queen. How embarrassing that he said that.

    He would've been right if he said "bigger than Take that." - But that's all. LOL

    ReplyDelete